1) Easy does it.|
2) First things first
3) Live and let live.
4) But for the grace of God
5) Think think think
6) One day at time
7) Let go and let God
8) KISS---keep it simple stupid
9) Act as if
10) This, too, shall pass.
11) Expect miracles.
12) I can't He can I think I'll let Him (steps 1,2,3)
13) If it works, don't fix it.
14) Keep coming back it works if you work it.
15) Stick with the winners
16) Keep on trudgin'
17) Sobriety is a journey, not a destination.
18) Faith without works is dead.
19) Poor me, poor me, pour me another drink.
20) To thine own self be true
21) I came; I came to; I came to believe (steps 1,2,3)
22) Live in the NOW
23) If God seems far away, who moved?
24) Turn it over
25) Altered Attitudes
26) Nothing is so bad, a drink won't make it worse.
27) We are only as sick as our secrets.
28) There are no coincidences in AA.
29) Be part of the solution, not the problem.
30) Sponsors: have one use one be one.
31) I can't handle it God; you take over.
32) Keep an open mind.
33) It works it really does ! (page 88,line 8 in the big book)
34) Willingness is the key.
35) More will be revealed.
36) You will intuitively know.
37) You will be amazed.
38) No pain, no gain
39) Go for it
40) Keep the plug in the jug.
41) Do it sober
42) Let it begin with me
43) Just for today
44) Sober `n` crazy
45) Pass it on
46) It's in the book
47) You either are or you aren't
48) Before you say I can't, say I'll try.
49) Don't quit 5 minutes before the miracle happens.
50) Some of us our sicker than others.
51) We're all here because we're not all there.
52) Alcoholism is an equal opportunity destroyer.
53) Practice an attitude of gratitude.
54) The road to sobriety is a simple journey for confused people with a complicated disease.
55) Another friend of Bill W.'s.
56) God is never late.
57) Have a good day, unless of course you have made other plans.
58) Decisions aren't forever.
59) It takes time.
60) 90 meetings in 90 days
61) You are not alone.
62) Where you go, there you are.
63) Don't drink, read the Big Book, and go to meetings.
64) Use the 24-hour plan.
65) Make use of the telephone therapy.
66) Stay sober for yourself.
67) Look for similarities rather than differences.
68) Remember your last drunk.
69) Remember that alcoholism is incurable, progressive, and fatal.
70) Try not to place conditions on your sobriety.
71) When all else fails, follow directions.
72) Count your blessings.
73) Share your happiness.
74) Respect the anonymity of others.
75) Share your pain.
76) Let go of old ideas.
77) Try to replace guilt with gratitude.
78) What goes around, comes around.
79) Change is a process, not an event.
80) Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth.
81) Call your sponsor before, not after, you take the first drink.
82) Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
83) It's the first drink that gets you drunk.
84) To keep it, you have to give it away.
85) Man's extremity is God's opportunity.
86) The price for serenity and sanity is self-sacrifice.
87) One alcoholic talking to another one equals one.
88) Take what you can use and leave the rest.
89) What if........
90) Yeah but.........
91) If only.........
92) Help is only a phone call away.
93) Around AA or in AA?
94) You can't give away what you don't have.
95) One drink is too many and thousand not enough.
96) Half measures availed us nothing.
97) Anger is but one letter away from danger.
98) Courage to change
99) Easy does it, but DO it.
100) Bring the body and the mind will follow.
101) Accept your admission.
102) Remember when!
103) Tighten up (financially)
104) We AAs are 'gifted' people
105) There are 12 steps in the ladder of complete sobriety
106) Fear is the darkroom where negatives are developed.
107) Before engaging your mouth, put your mind in gear.
108) I want what I want when I want it.
109) There is no chemical solution to a spiritual problem.
110) AA is not something you join, it's a way of life.
111) We can be positive that our drinking was negative.
112) Spirituality is the ability to get our minds off ourselves.
113) Faith is spelled a-c-t-i-o-n.
114) Backsliding begins when knee-bending stops.
115) If I think, I won't drink. If I drink, I can't think.
116) Bend your knees before you bend your elbow.
117) The first step in overcoming mistakes is to admit them.
118) Formula for failure: try to please everyone.
119) Sorrow is looking back worry is looking around.
120) Willpower=our willingness to use a Higher Power.
121) AA is an education without graduation.
122) When your head begins to swell your mind stops growing.
123) A journey of a 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
124) GOD=Good Orderly Direction
125) Be as enthusiastic about AA as you were about your drinking.
126) You received without cost, now give without charge.
127) Humility is our acceptance of ourselves.
128) Trying to pray is praying.
129) Get it ---give it---grow in it
130) Faith is not belief without proof but trust without reservation.
131) We're responsible for the effort not the outcome.
132) This is a selfish program.
133) EGO=Edging God Out
134) Keep your sobriety first to make it last.
135) I drank: too much---too often---too long.
136) AA will work if you want it to work.
137) Minds are like parachutes----they won't work unless they're open.
138) What you hear and see here, stays here.
139) Alcoholism is the only disease that tells you you're all right.
140) If you turn it over and don't let go of it, you will be upside down.
141) An AA meeting is where losers get together to talk about their winnings.
142) AA is a school in which we are all learners and all teachers.
143) God taught us to laugh again but god please don't let us forget that we once cried.
144) Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace amid the storm.
145) AA may not solve all your problems but it is willing to share them.
146) It isn't the load that weighs us down------it's the way we carry it.
147) Principles before personalities
148) When you do all the talking you only learn what you already know.
149) The 7t's ---take time to think the thing through.
150) There are none too dumb for the AA program but many are too smart.
151) We all have another drunk left in us but we don't know if we have another recovery in us.
152) To be forgiven we must forgive.
153) When we surrender to our higher power, the journey begins.
154) The person with the most sobriety at a meeting is the one who got up earliest that morning.
155) Knowledge of "the answers" never made anyone slip---it was failing to practice "the answers" known
156) HALT=don't get too Hungry too Angry too Lonely too Tired.
157) FEAR=Frustration, Ego, Anxiety, Resentment
158) The 12 steps tell us how it works; the 12 traditions tell us why it works.
159) AA won't keep you from going to hell...nor is it a ticket to heaven...but it will keep you sober long enough for you to makeup your mind which way you want to go!
160) If faith without works is dead; then willingness without action is fantasy.
161) When a person tries to control their drinking they have already lost control.
162) The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.
163) Seven days without an AA meeting makes one weak.
164) You are not required to like it, you're only required to DO it.
165) When wallowing in your self-pity, get off the cross, we need the wood.
166) In AA we don't carry the alcoholic; we carry the message.
167) The results are in God's hands.
168) We are not human beings having spiritual experiences; we are spiritual beings having human experiences.
169) Remember nothing is going to happen today that you and god can't handle.
170) When man listens, God speaks; when man obeys, God works.
171) Don't watch the "slippers"watch those who don't slip...watch them go through difficulties and pull through.
172) If we knew which drink was going to cause "wet brain", we would stop just before it.
173) It's a shame we can't forget our troubles the same way we forget our blessings.
174) Be careful what you pray for; you're liable to get it.
175) The time to attend a meeting is when you least feel like going.
176) I've been sober and I've been drunk. Sober's better.
177) AA is the highest priced club in the world. If you have paid the dues, why not enjoy the benefits?
178) The first step is the only step a person can work perfectly.
179) The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you
180) Your Big Book is your sponsor too.
181) AA never opened the gates of heaven to let me in, AA did open the gates of hell to let me out.
182) The only thing we take from this world when we leave is what we gave away.
183) Time wasted in getting even can never be used in getting ahead.
184) Some AAs are so successful that they turn out to be almost as good as they used to think they were when they were drinking.
185) Sobriety delivers everything alcohol promised.
186) Possibilities and miracles are one in the same.
187) Get out of the driver's seat let go and let God.
188) HOW=Honesty, Open-mindedness, Willingness.
189) Danger sign: when your eyes wander from the alcoholics who still suffers and needs help, to the faults of those whom the program has already helped.
190) First we stayed sober because we have to...then we stay sober because we are willing to...then we stay sober because we want to.
191) Slogans are wisdom written in shorthand.
192) Active alcoholics don't have relationships; they take hostages.
193) Everyday is a gift that's why we call it the present.
194) If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
195) Every recovery from alcoholism began with one sober hour.
196) Each and every alcoholic, sober or not, teaches us valuable lessons about ourselves and recovery.
197) We had to quit playing God.
198) Don't compare---identify.
199) Don't intellectualize----utilize.
200) RULE 62: don't take yourself seriously.
201) AA has a wrench to fit every nut that walks through the door
202) Living in the here and now
203) How does one become an "old-timer"? Don't drink and don't die.
204) AA spoils your drinking
205) Faith is our greatest gift; its sharing with others our greatest responsibility.
206) If you want to drink, that is your business...if you want to quit and can't, that is AA 's business.
207) In a bar, we got sympathy-----as long as our money lasted. In AA, we get understanding for nothing.
208) My worst day in sobriety is better than my best day drunk.
209) The elevator is broken-------use the Steps.
210) Let it begin with me.
211) When all else fails, the directions are in the Big Book.
212) Trust God clean house help others.
213) Anonymity is so important it's half of our name.
214) If we don't grow, we gotta go.
215) All you need to start your own AA meeting is a resentment and a coffee pot.
216) Religion is for those who fear Hell spirituality is for those who have been there.
217) There are no atheists in foxholes.
218) When you are a sponsor, you get out of yourself. If I serve, I will be served.
219) Why recovery never ends: the disease is alcoholism, not alcoholWASm.
220) The AA way of life is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions.
221) The smartest thing an AA member can say is, " help me"
222) You are exactly where god wants you to be.
223) God will never give you more than you can handle.
224) Slow but sure.
225) A "coincidence" is a miracle in which God chooses to remain anonymous.
226) It takes the good and bad AA meeting, the good and bad AA talk to make it work.
227) Give time time.
228) Faith is a lighted doorway, but trust is a dark hall.
229) The lesson I must learn is simply that my control is limited to my own behavior, my own attitudes.
230) AA works for people who believe in God. AA works for people who don't believe in God. AA NEVER works for people who believe they ARE God.
231) Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problems at once. I can do something for 24 hours that would appall me if I had to keep it up for a LIFETIME.
232) There are two days in every week which we have no control over----yesterday and tomorrow. Today is the only day we can change.
233) It is not the experience of today that drives people mad, it is remorse of yesterday and the dread of tomorrow.
234) A drug is a drug.
235) Pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth.
236) God has no grand kids.
237) There is a God and I'm not it.
238) The road to resentment is paved with expectation.
239) Be nice to newcomers one day they may be your sponsor.
240) Denial is not a river in Egypt, but you can drown in it.
241) Guilt is the gift that keeps on giving.
242) The flip side to forgiveness is resentments.
243) There is no magic in recovery only miracles.
244) Fear is the absences of faith.
245) Courage is faith that has said its prayers.
246) Depression is anger toward inward.
247) Alcoholics heal from the outside in, but feel from the inside out.
248) 3 A's in AA-----affection/attention/appreciation
249) If it is meant to be, I can't stop it. If it isn't god's will, I can't make it happen.
250) There are AA members who make things happen there are AA members who watch things happen there are AA members who DON'T KNOW anything happened
251) 253. Don't drink, don't think and go to meetings.
252) AA is the last stop on the train.
253) One is too many, a thousand is not enough.
254) To be of maximum service to others.
255) We'll love you, until you learn to love yourself.
256) When you run out of quarters for your a--kicking machine, I've got an extra roll for you to use.
257) Try to be grateful and resentful at the same time, you can't serve two masters.
258) Write a gratitude list and count your blessings.
259) You can always tell an alcoholic, but you can't tell him much.
260) Faith chases away fear.
261) Take other people's inventory until you can take your own.
262) Pain before sobriety and pain before serenity.
263) Unity, recovery, and service.
264) If you want to hide something from an alcoholic, hide it in the Big Book, because that's where he'll find it.
265) You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
266) Live life on life's terms.
267) She came through the back door of AA (Alanon).
268) When we couldn't dominate, control, or manipulate, we would ask for terms and conditions.
269) Surrender to win.
270) The bottle, big house, or the box.
271) Death, insanity, or recovery.
272) We have a choice.
273) We don't get run over by the train, we get hit by the engine (1st. drink).
274) If you wonder if you're an alcoholic, you probably are.
275) Instant "a--hole", just add alcohol.
276) I didn't get into trouble every time I drank, but every time I got in trouble I was drunk.
277) Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over, and over again, expecting different results.
278) We are without defense against the first drink, our defense must come from a power greater than ourselves.
279) What would the Master do?
280) Newcomer is someone with less than five years sobriety.
281) The easier softer way is one through twelve.
282) Don't work my program, or your program, work "THE program".
283) If you want what we have and you're willing to go to any lengths to get it
284) Ask us how we did it, then do what we did.
285) Qualifications for me to help you, one) you have to need it, two) you have to want it, three) you have to ask for it, four) you have to ask me.
286) The alcoholic's mind is like a bad neighborhood, don't go there alone.
287) Faith without works is dead.
288) Get to the meeting early and go to the meeting after the meeting.
289) The definition of an alcoholic; an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.
290) Cunning, baffling, powerful, and patient.
291) When the pain of staying sober becomes less than the pain of getting drunk, you'll stay sober.
292) None of us came here on a winning streak.
293) The farther I get from my last drink, the closer I get to my next drunk.
294) This, too, shall pass.
295) Where do I find sobriety? Twelve steps past any lengths.
296) How does it work? It works just fine.
297) If you hang around the barber shop long enough, you'll get a haircut.
298) Don't hang around wet places and wet faces.
299) Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.
300) I might have another drunk left in me, but do I have another recovery?
301) Short version of the Serenity Prayer: "Lighten up"
302) You don't have to wait till the basement to get off the "down" elevator.
303) Them that don't go to meetings aren't present to find out what happen to them what doesn't go to meetings.
304) Without AA, it's Amen.
305) You have to go to these meetings until you want to.
306) FEAR=Face Everything and Recover (or F--- Everything and Run Ė your choice)
307) SOBER=SOBSEverything is Real!
308) FINE=F--kedup, insecure, neurotic, and emotional
309) GOD=Group of Drunks
310) FEAR=F--- Everything And Run
311) NUTS=Not Using the Steps
312) YET=You eventually, too
313) When you sober up a horse thief, all you have is a sober horse thief
314) First things first
315) Easy does it
316) One day at a time
317) If you fly with crows, you get shot at
318) GOD-good, orderly direction
319) HALT-hungry, angry, lonely, tired
320) I got sick of being sick and tired
321) It's easy to talk the talk, but you have to walk the walk
322) Gratitude is an attitude
323) You have to give it away in order to keep it
324) Fake it till you make it
325) It's a selfish program
326) Stick with the winners
327) Just for today
328) I've been here a few 24 hours
329) HIT-hang in there
330) Under every dress there's a slip
331) FEAR-false expectations appearing real
332) Let go and let God
333) Daniel didn't go back to the lion's den to get his hat
334) If you stick with the bunch, you'll get peeled
335) It gets better.
336) The doors swing both ways.
337) You have to put in the time.
338) Try it for 90 days, and if you don't like it, we'll gladly refund your misery.
339) Don't drink, and go to meetings.
340) Some people drink normally, and I normally drink.
341) A slip is a premeditated drunk.
342) AA is the easier, softer way
343) Go to meetings when you want to, and go to meetings when you donít want to.
344) It's been a good meeting so far.
345) None of us got here form drinking too much coffee.
346) We have a disease that tells us we don't have a disease.
347) We have a living problem, not a drinking problem.
348) We have a thinking problem, not a drinking problem.
349) If you don't want to slip, stay away from slippery places.
350) The mind is like a parachute, it works better when it's open
351) Pain is the touchstone of progress.
352) My daily sobriety is contingent on my spiritual condition.
353) Yesterday is a cancelled check, tomorrow is a promissory note, only today is cash in the bank.
354) FAITH: Fantastic Adventure in Trusting Him.
355) Sorrow shared is halved; joy shared is doubled.
356) There is pain in recovery. Misery is optional.
357) Lead us not into temptation. I can find it myself.
358) A treatment center is where you go and pay $15,000 to find out that AA meetings are free.
359) Ask an alcoholic what time it is and he'll tell you how to build a clock.
360) Please be patient -- God isn't finished with me yet.
361) I am unique, just like everybody else.
362) Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
363) My best friend became my worst enemy.
364) When my insides match my outside, I'm practicing a good program.
365) Today I soak up AA the way I used to soak up alcohol.
366) When I drank, I was committing suicide on the installment plan.
367) My Higher Power was "To Whom It May Concern."
368) My first Higher Power was "Howard," as in "Our Father, who art in Heaven, Howard be thy name."
369) I'll always have another drunk in me, but I'm not sure I'll have another recovery.
370) Chairman at meeting asks: "Anybody from out of town? Out of state? Out of their minds?"
371) A winner is a loser who keeps trying.
372) I don't always know what God's will is for me, but I always know what it's not.
373) I didn't get sober to be miserable.
374) I didn't experiment with alcohol and drugs. I was in advanced research and development.
375) Are you walking towards a drink or away from one?
376) Got diarrhea? Try willpower.
377) I love you, God loves you, and there's nothing you can do about it.
378) Today I have more solutions than problems.
379) If God is your co-pilot, switch seats.
380) I did my drinking from Park Avenue to park bench.
381) Don't go in your head alone. It's a dangerous neighborhood.
382) With a stomach full of AA, you won't have room for a beer.
383) Listen like only the dying can.
384) If your ass falls off, put it in a paper bag and take it to a meeting.
385) There's safety in numbers. One through twelve.
386) An ounce of prevention is worth a gallon of relapse.
387) My disease is doing pushups, getting stronger--just waiting for me to slip.
388) AA is a simple program for complicated people.
389) My best thinking got me here.
390) I am a walking miracle.
391) Don't romance the drink.
392) When I start wondering if everything's okay, it's probably not.
393) If hanging around AA doesn't work, try hanging out inside AA
394) Before I got into AA, I was dying for a drink.
395) God grant me patience. Right now.
396) My sponsor says I'm trying. Very trying.
397) 20/20: Come 20 minutes before the meeting, stay 20 minutes after.
398) Don't try to clear away the wreckage of the future.
399) When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
400) You can't speed up your recovery, but you sure can slow it down.
401) Don't let unpleasant people rent space in your head.
402) Every drink I drank got me here. Every drink I don't drink keeps me here.
403) Life starts when you stop.
404) It takes time to get your brains out of hock.
405) Bring the body to AA and the mind eventually follows.
406) Sobriety then serenity.
407) Stand by the coffee pots. It's a good way to meet people.
408) Fear alone won't keep me sober, but for a newcomer, it's not a bad place to start.
409) In AA I get an owners manual to go with my new life.
410) Today there's still a monkey on my back. He's just sleeping. He's real easy to wake up.
411) Analysis is paralysis.
412) AA isn't a religion we can't open the gates of Heaven and let you in, but we can open the gates of Hell and let you out.
413) If you want to stay sober, make the coffee.
414) If you can't remember your last drink, maybe you haven't had it.
415) Gratitude, that's the attitude.
416) Three suggestions for making an AA speech:
417) The AA paradoxes:
---from weakness(adversity) comes strength
---we forgive to be forgiven
---we give it away to keep it
---we suffer to get well
---we surrender to win
---we die to live
---from darkness comes light
---from dependence we found independence .
418) Stay in the main tent, and out of the side shows.
419) Take the mess to your sponsor, take the message to the meeting.
Moi, j'avais jamais rien dit. Rien